Sunday, April 03, 2005

Finally plated

Well, I finally have plates for the lady. I stand in awe of the bureaucratic process it required to register a car in the state of my residence. Fortunately, I work in a bureaucracy so I know how to overcome such systems.

Sadly, I have not figured out how to get the driver's door to lock nor have I acquired a functioning driver's side seat. Hence, it will probably sit in the garage a bit longer. I am working on bypassing the malfunctioning switch for the drivers seat so I can push it back. I figure next weekend I will crack open both the driver and passenger door and fix all the subtle problems in them. While I am there I will examine the moisture seals in the doors. I am not replacing the door seals yet but that is definitely on the horizon if I ever want to risk getting caught in the rain. I also just dropped an order for all the parts to update my brake system: pads, rebuild kits for the front calipers, ATE brake fluid, and a power bleeder. Also I bought a set of heavy duty deck lid shocks for the rear deck on eBay for cheap so I got those. I will probably be completing many of these projects at home in my garage throughout the week and leaving the brakes for the weekend.

The previous owner also gave me a window wiper motor with a car and the current one is in desperate need of replacement. This project is not high priority because I use Rain-X and have little need of wipers.

Cost during this installment:
Decklid shocks with shipping: $34
Brake overhaul equipment: $217
Registration and plates (not personalized yet): $174
TOTAL: $425

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home